Factory automation: automation of production logistics
Automate your transport and packaging processes within your production environment for faster and safer production.
Why you should automate production logistics
Anyone working at a manufacturing company will recognize the challenges you are faced with; staff is hard to come by and materials are expensive. You would like to expand production, but you are pushing the limits of labor capacity. Maybe you have already optimized or even automated your production process, but how can you further improve your production environment?
If you take a critical look at the way your employees are deployed, you will see that a lot of time is being wasted on peripheral production processes: preparing of (packaging) materials, packaging of products and transport of packaged pallets to the warehouse. By automating these production logistics processes, your employees can use their time at the assembly line more effectively. Allowing you to increase your production capacity and get a better grip on quality and costs!
How to automate your production process
There is an extensive range of automation products and mobile robots available. When selecting the best automation solution for your production process, it is important to take your existing process into account and not only focus on the functionalities of a new solution. The step towards product automation is a lot easier to make when you use the current process as your starting point. Nipper designs tailor-made automation solutions so you don’t have to change your production process and production lines. Nipper wants to make product logistics smarter by automating internal pallet transport, pallet handling and pallet packaging. The following aspects of production logistics can be automated:
- Transport of materials and products from warehouse to production environment and vice versa
- Transport of materials between production stations
- Packaging lines
The benefits of factory and production automation
When using Nipper's smart factory automation solutions, you have enough space left in your production environment for what matters most: production.Below a list of benefits:
- Remove the forklift from the production environment. The Nipper AGV is a compact, safe, autonomous, and agile vehicle that can even be used in narrow production environments. Resulting in less damage, fewer accidents, and a far less chaotic workplace.
- Use your warehouse for storage and your production environment for production. And avoid loose buffers outside the warehouse. The Nipper AGV automatically transports materials and goods from warehouse to production area and vice versa.
- Use production shifts more efficiently. The Nipper AGV makes sure the required (packaging) materials are already available at the assembly line when production workers start their shift. Day and night.
- Centralize and automate the product and pallet packaging process. When using the Nipper Stretch Hood, less film and energy is consumed, so pallets and products are packaged more efficiently. With our stretch hood machine, finished product are neatly and stably packaged before they are returned to the warehouse.
- Make sure the various automation solutions are seamlessly connected. By automating transport of pallets to and from the packaging machine for example.
- Our products are easily integrable into an existing production environment, so you don’t have to change the entire process when using a Nipper solution.
- You need less staff to manage the logistics process, so they can be deployed where they add most value to the production process. Leave any repetitive work to the Nipper AGV.
- By automating production logistics, you create a constant process against constant costs. And offer your customers constant quality.
What are the benefits of production logistics factory automation?
Of course, the most obvious benefit of factory automation is that you save on staff costs. However, there are plenty of other costs items you can save on when automating production logistics:
- Less damage due to human error.
- A constant flow of work and output.
- Fewer recruitment, retention, and staff training costs.
- Reduction of staff absenteeism.
- Fewer and shorter breakdowns as staff are away from the assembly line less often.
- Higher packaging capacity.
- Efficient use of floor space.
- Efficient use of packaging materials.
Nipper always provides customized automation solutions fully tailored to your production environment. Wondering how much you can save when using a Nipper AGV? Use our ROI calculator to easily calculate how long it will take before you have recovered your investment.